Thursday, November 6, 2008
















Ok, I know. I'm falling down on my duties as a blogger! Steve has been in Hawaii with Disney, and when Daddy's gone, so is blogging. He's home for awhile, so I'll be better. We had a very fun Halloween. Emma couldn't decide exactly what to wear, so she had several different outfits. I'm convinced that she will be some sort of designer. The things she puts together! As always, Cottonwood was happening Halloween night. Several families came over for soup and treats, then it was off for Candy!!! A beautiful night! The boys are machine trick-or-treaters. They come home with enough candy to supply their lunchboxes through the end of the school year. Hope yours was fun. Here's you my favorite roast recipe. It's perfect every time, and is actually an easy recipe from Emeril. Enjoy!!! J










Garlic-Studded Pot Roast

One 3-4 pound chuck roast
10 cloves garlic
3 TBLS oil
1/2 cup water
Kosher or sea salt
Freshly ground black pepper
Flour


Bring roast to room temperature......very important. Cut slits in both sides. Cut the garlic cloves in half and stuff in the slits. Generously coat roast with salt and pepper. Heat oil in covered skillet......I use an electric one, but have also done it on the stove. Brown roast on all sides......I mean really brown, about 5 minutes per side. Remove roast, pour in water and scrape all giblets off of bottom. Put roast back in and turn down to a simmer. Cover. Cook 3 hours then turn off and leave covered about another hour. I sometimes turn the roast halfway during cooking. Remove the roast and slice......turn the skillet back on with the juices in, then sift in flour while whisking for a delicious and smooth gravy. Use as much as you want for however thick you like it. So yummy!!!

No comments: